Services to Members of Congress
Congressional Affairs serves as the principal point of contact for NARA with Capitol Hill and can assist offices with constituent concerns or questions regarding agency policy and procedures.
Complimentary Records Storage
The National Archives provides complimentary, secure storage for the inactive papers of current Members of Congress.
- Capitol Hill offices may contact the Washington National Records Center, located in nearby Suitland, Maryland, at (301) 778-1650 to learn more.
- District and State offices may contact the nearest Federal Records Center for storage information.
Members of Congress may obtain complimentary subscriptions or copies of the following published during your term in office:
- Daily Federal Register
- United States Government Manual
- Compilation of Presidential Documents
- Annual Public Papers of the President
Congressional committees may obtain for official use the annual Code of Federal Regulations.
- The Office of the Federal Register may be reached at (202) 741-6000.
Tours of National Archives Locations
The National Archives and Records Administration is always pleased to welcome Members of Congress, their families and staff, to any National Archives facility nationwide.
- Please call the Congressional Affairs Staff at (202) 357-5100, or the location that you would like to visit, for further information.