The National Archives welcomes your questions, comments, suggestions, compliments, and complaints as one critical way to continuously improve our services to you.
Find What You're Looking For
Before you contact us, please see if your question is answered here:
To Protect Your Privacy:
- Please do not use e-mail to send us sensitive information (such as your credit card or Social Security numbers).
- E-mail could be intercepted by a third party during transmission; we cannot guarantee its security while in transit.
Select what you would like to do:
Please address your stamped envelope to:
The National Archives and Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20740-6001
Please call us toll free at:
To access a Telecommunications Relay Service, Dial 711 (more information)
The fax number depends on what you're faxing:
General NARA fax: 301-837-0483
- Non-emergency - DD214, military history, SF-180: 314-801-9195
- Burials or medical emergencies only: 314-801-0764
- For Homeless Veterans only: 314-801-9201
- Military Signature pages only: 314-801-9049
For all other NARA-related inquires, please fax your request to: 301-837-0483
To check the status of your military request:
- Fill out the Status Form Request
- Call: 1-314-801-0800 or 1-866-272-6272, option #2 from the main menu only
You can check the status of your reproduction order that was placed online by entering your order number online.
- Orders placed on NATF Forms 81 through 86 are
generally completed in approximately 8 weeks from
the time we receive them.
- Orders placed on NATF Form 85, for full pension
files, generally take 12-16 weeks due to the large
size of the files.
- You should receive a response to your order for publications within 3-4 weeks.
If you have not received a response to your order within the stated times, please send us an e-mail or call us:
- Customer Service Center Telephone Number: 1-800-234-8861
Please provide the following information:
- your name and postal mailing address
- the order number (preprinted on the NATF Forms 81 through 86), if applicable
- a daytime phone number, if you wish to be called
To comment on National Archives proposed rules (regulations), records schedule notices, and other draft guidance, please see:
To report suspected incidents of waste, fraud, or mismanagement, please contact: