Our Executive Branch Holdings
Many historical documents that we preserve and serve to the public were created by various components of the Executive branch of the United States Federal Government, including:
- the President and President's staff
- the Vice President and Vice President's staff
- agencies and bureaus
- commissions and boards
Our Office of the Federal Register publishes the official text of currently effective:
- Executive Branch Regulations & Notices
- Presidential Documents
- View these Documents
- The documents of the three branches are official records evidencing the activities and services of the United States Federal Government.
- We do not hold records of state, county, city, or town governments, or of churches or other private institutions.