The Federal Register: What It Is and How to Use It
About Our Public Workshops
We invite anyone interested in Federal regulations to attend these workshops, and to refer to our online tutorial.
- are free and open to the public
- last about three hours
- are presented by staff members of the Office of the Federal Register, National Archives and Records Administration
Both the workshop and the tutorial include:
- A discussion of the regulatory process, focusing on public participation.
- An explanation of the relationship between the FR and CFR.
- A "Guided Tour" of an issue of the FR and a volume of the CFR.
- An introduction to FR / CFR finding aids.
- An introduction to using the FR and CFR online.