Directions to the Center for Legislative Archives
The Center for Legislative Archives is located in the Main National Archives Building in downtown Washington, DC. The building is between Seventh and Ninth Streets, NW, with our entrance on Pennsylvania Avenue.
Center for Legislative Archives
National Archives and Records Administration
700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington DC 20408
- The research entrance to the building is on Pennsylvania Avenue.
- The exhibit entrance is on Constitution Avenue.
- For details, see the Visitor's Map
Research Room Hours
Monday & Wednesday 8:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 8:45 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Closed Sundays and Federal Holidays
An archivist is available to answer questions and pull legislative records from 8:45 a.m. -5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
A list of commercial parking facilities is available at the following locations:
- the guard station on 7th Street
- the guard station at the Pennsylvania Avenue entrance lobby of the National Archives building
- the consultant/researcher registration offices in room G-7