Exhibition Press Kit
What's Cooking, Uncle Sam?
The Government's Effect on the American Diet
An exhibition at the National Archives in Washington, DC. In the Lawrence F. O’Brien Gallery June 10, 2011 - January 3, 2012.
What’s Cooking, Uncle Sam? The Government’s Effect on the American Diet is an exhibition of records from the holdings of the National Archives that trace the ways that food has occupied the hearts and minds of Americans and their government. From Revolutionary War rations to Cold War cultural exchanges, these documents and images reflect many of our current concerns about food safety and nutrition.
- Select Images
- Exhibit Brochure
- Press Releases
- Order the recipe book Eating with Uncle Sam: Recipes and Historical Bites from the National Archives
Join What's Cooking, Uncle Sam? on Facebook for "What's Cooking Wednesdays"
Follow the exhibit on Twitter @archivesnews using #UncleSamCooks
View documents and images related to the exhibit on Flickr
Check in at the exhibit on Foursquare
Related Press Releases
- National Archives Hosts "Food Frights" Program October 27 10/11/11
- National Archives Hosts Food Day Open House Monday, October 24 10/11/11
- National Archives Offers Food Exhibit-Related Public Programs in October 2011 9/27/11
- National Archives Offers Food Exhibit-Related Public Programs in September 2011 7/28/11
- National Archives Celebrates New Food exhibition in July and August with Free Noontime Public Programs 6/16/11
- Press Preview for "What’s Cooking, Uncle Sam?" Exhibit at the National Archives 5/31/11
- National Archives Celebrates New Food exhibition in June with Free Public Programs 5/17/11
- America’s "Outstanding Chef" José Andrés Partners with the Foundation for the National Archives to Open America Eats Tavern This Summer in Washington, DC 5/16/11
- Eating With Uncle Sam –
D Giles Limited, Foundation for the National Archives Publish Recipe Book in Support of National Archives Exhibition 5/16/11
- National Archives Opens "What’s Cooking, Uncle Sam?" Food Exhibit June 10, 2011 3/1/11