News and Notices
- Cashier Booths Closed
Due to budget concerns, the Cashier Booths at the National Archives in Washington, DC, and in College Park, MD, were closed permanently on October 1, 2013. We have automated our payment operations to provide these services.
NHPRC Launches Founders Online
Search through 120,000 documents from America's Founders at http://founders.archives.gov
- Researcher News, for researchers at the National Archives
Join the Researcher News Mailing List – send an email to email@example.com
- The National Archives and Fold3.com (formerly Footnote) are working as partners to bring unprecedented access to selections of the vast holdings of the National Archives. Visit us and access these documents free of charge. Learn More
- Search for microfilm online. Get a full description, download descriptive pamphlets and roll lists, and/or purchase rolls.
What's New for Researchers
New Research Pages Online
- Reference Reports related to Federal Employees
- List of Series in the Records of the United States Food Administration, Record Group 4, at the National Archives at Fort Worth
- Vessel and Station Log Books at the National Archives
- Research Guide to the Criminal Case Files of Fort Smith, Arkansas, 1866-1900
- Index to Forest Service Photos, from Series "Photographs Relating to National Forests, Resource Management Practices, Personnel, and Cultural and Economic History, ca. 1897-ca. 1980"
- Unsealed Materials from US v. Liddy
- Supreme Court of the United States - 2011 Term Audio Recordings of Oral Arguments/Opinions
- Preparing for release of 1940 Census on April 2, 2012
- US Presidents in Census Records
- New and Updated Foreign Policy and State Department pages
- Genealogy Reference Reports for Native American Research
- Genealogy Reference Reports for African American Research
- Genealogy Reference Reports for Military Research
- Marine Corps Command Chronologies for the Vietnam War
- List of NARA Microfilm Publications and Original Records Digitized by NARA's Digitization Partners
- NARAtions: Blog about Online Public Access to the Records of the U.S. National Archives
Microfilm can now be searched and ordered online
- Federal military pension applications files for military service from the American Revolution up to before World War I.
- Individual pages of Federal population census schedules, 1790-1930.
- Land entry files (such as credit, cash, homestead, and mineral) or surrendered military bounty-land warrants files (Acts of 1788, 1812, 1847, 1850, and 1855).
- Bounty-land warrant application files for Federal military service before 1856.
- Ship passenger arrival records, 1820-1959.
- Eastern Cherokee application records, 1906-1909.
- Compiled military service records for regular forces up to before World War I.
Use the Access to Archival Databases (AAD) system to search some of NARA's electronic records holdings.
See other ways to Research NARA's records online