National Archives News
- All National Archives facilities in the Washington, DC, area are closed on Thursday, March 6, due to the inclement weather. Check a location's status on Archives.gov, Facebook, or Twitter. Keep informed about our Washington, DC, area operating status through the OPM website or our status line 301-837-0700.
- In the event of severe weather, National Archives facilities may be closed or open later in the day. Check our operating status, our Facebook pages, and Twitter. Keep informed about our Washington, DC, area operating status through the OPM website or our status line 301-837-0700.
- "Spirited Republic," our new exhibit on alcohol in American history, opens March 6 in Washington, DC.
- The NHPRC announces $2.2 Million in grants for historical records projects.
- Discover the records behind the movies Unbroken and The Imitation Game.
- The Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments of 2014 modernizes records management, including the use of non-government email systems.
- Volume 5 of the Public Papers of President Barack Obama is now available.
- Painting by Jacqueline Kennedy donated to JFK Library.
- The National Declassification Center has opened Visa Investigation Records of the Shanghai Diaspora Communities, 1946–1951.
- Naomi Nelson has been appointed to the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
- A free mobile app and eBook, Congress Creates the Bill of Rights, are now available.
Top of Page