National Archives News
- In the event of severe weather, National Archives facilities may be closed or open later in the day. Check our operating status, our Facebook pages, and Twitter. Keep informed about our Washington, DC, area operating status through the OPM website or our status line 301-837-0700.
- The Roosevelt Library in Hyde Park, NY, will open at 11 a.m. on Wednesday, November 26, due to the winter storm warning.
- All National Archives research rooms, museums, and Presidential libraries will be closed on Thursday, November 27, for Thanksgiving Day.
- The National Declassification Center has opened Visa Investigation Records of the Shanghai Diaspora Communities, 1946–1951.
- New Teachers' Award for Kentucky teachers from the National Archives and the University of Kentucky Libraries.
- Naomi Nelson has been appointed to the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
- A free mobile app and eBook, Congress Creates the Bill of Rights, are now available.
- Archives receives a grant to preserve rare Kodacolor footage of Yellowstone.
- The Clinton Library released a new batch of previously withheld Presidential records on October 10.
- The Information Security Oversight Office released its annual report to the President.
- The NHPRC has awarded $2.62 million in grants.
- The fourth volume of the Public Papers of President Barack Obama is now available.
- Free online training for digital submissions to the Federal Register now available.
- See our new exhibit, "Making Their Mark: Stories Through Signatures," in Washington, DC.
- Our Strategic Plan for FY 2014–2018 sets out our goals for the coming years.
- Founders Online has added the Papers of Benjamin Franklin.
- Take a video tour of the new Rubenstein Gallery at the National Archives.
Top of Page