Archives and Records Management
Bibliographies, Web links, and Professional Organizations
- Quick facts about NARA
- Archival Research
- Certification: Archivists, Records Managers, Imaging Professionals
- Archives and records management links
- Repositories & exhibits
- Discussion groups & listservs in archives & library science
- Professional organizations:
Archivists of the United States: 1934 to Present
Time line: NARA and the archival profession
- NARA Research Centers, Nationwide
- National Archives Building, Washington, D.C.
- History of the D.C. Archives Building
- Construction of the National Archives Building
- Unveiling of Completed Rotunda, Constitution Week, Sept. 15-19, 2003
- National Archives Building, Washington, DC
- National Archives at College Park, Maryland
- Spotlight on NARA: Building NARA's "Archives of the Future"
NARA Programs and Publications
- A Bibliography of Glossaries for Archivists, Record Managers, Special Collections, Manuscript Curators, and other Related Information Professionals
- Basic Laws and Authorities of the National Archives
- Documenting your Public Service: Guidance for Agency Officials
- Electronic Records Archives (ERA) Program
- ERA Presentations
- Guide to Federal Records in the National Archives of the United States
- Record Groups without Descriptions
International Council on Archives (ICA)
The ICA Directory is available here.
Freedman's Bureau Preservation Project
(Prologue Summer 2002)
Reginald Washington's article on the preservation of post-Civil War era records documenting the federal government's assistance to newly freed slaves by the National Archives and Records Administration.
Preservation of Library and Archival Materials: A Manual. Now separated into leaflets by topic.
(Edited by Sherelyn Ogden, for the Northeast Document Conservation Center).
(Technical leaflets about conservation and preservation from the National Park Service.)