General Records Schedules (GRS)
Contact the GRS Team
Is the GRS lacking an item you think should be there? Is something there that shouldn't be? Are you having difficulty interpreting an item? Please tell us! Send to GRS_Team@nara.gov.
We held a quarterly GRS update on February 20, 2014 to discuss updates on schedules and a proposed new format for the online GRS. If you missed it, check out these slides.
On November 21, 2013, the GRS Team outlined how we propose to restructure the GRS during our quarterly update. If you missed it, check out these slides.
On May 2, 2013, we released for agency review six draft schedules, the first fruits of this effort by the GRS Team. Just recently we released two more draft schedules.
Schedules Currently Being Drafted
Contact the person attached to each schedule if you have questions.
- 2.1 Staff Acquisition Records Galen Wilson
- 2.2 Employee Management Records Laura McHale
- 2.5 Employee Separation Records Galen Wilson
- 2.6 Employee Training Records Susan Means
- 2.8 Employee Ethics Records Laura McHale
- 6.6 Temporary Commission, Board, Council and Committee Records Andrea Riley
Useful Info about the GRS Restructuring Project
- "The New GRS: A Plan for Restructuring and Updating the General Records Schedules", released September 2012, contains details about the five-year plan to replace current schedules with new ones.
- Why five years? We already anticipated that question. Here's our answer.
Search the GRS
Open this [PDF]. Type Ctrl+F to open a search window.
Download the GRS
Schedule 19. RESERVED
Schedule 22. Inspector General Records (WITHDRAWN)
- Abstract of GRS Transmittals 8-21 [HTML version] [PDF version] [Word version]
- Transmittal No. 22 - (GRS 24 and Authority Citations), April 19, 2010
Page Updated: March 24, 2014