General Records Schedules (GRS)
Contact the GRS Team
Is the GRS lacking an item you think should be there? Is something there that shouldn't be? Are you having difficulty interpreting an item? Please tell us! Send to GRS_Team@nara.gov.
Hot Off the Press: Six New Draft Schedules Released for Comment
The GRS Team has completed drafts of six new schedules, the first in its five-year plan for completely rewriting the GRS. Federal agencies have been invited to review these drafts throughout May. Once agency comments are adjudicated, revised drafts will be published in the Federal Register and comments solicited from the public. These new schedules and their appraisal memoranda, can be downloaded from the links below. If you wish to comment, please use the comment form also downloadable just below. Send your completed comment form to GRS_Team@nara.gov.
DAA-GRS-2013-0001: Input Records, Output Records, and Electronic Copies
- Crosswalk from DAA-GRS-2013-0001 to Old GRS
DAA-GRS-2013-0002: Records Related to Records and Information Management
- Crosswalk from DAA-GRS-2013-0002 to Old GRS
DAA-GRS-2013-0003: Financial Management Records
- Crosswalk from DAA-GRS-2013-0003 to Old GRS
DAA-GRS-2013-0004: Records Related to System Development
- Crosswalk from DAA-GRS-2013-0004 to Old GRS
DAA-GRS-2013-0005: Records re Info Technology Infrastructure & System Maintenance
- Crosswalk from DAA-GRS-2013-0005 to Old GRS
DAA-GRS-2013-0006: Information Systems Security Records
- Crosswalk from DAA-GRS-2013-0006 to Old GRS
Updates on Other Pending Schedules
New schedule for Grants Management
- Research and schedule development in progress. A draft schedule should be available late summer.
- Questions? Susan Means
New schedules for Information Access and Protection
- A schedule has been drafted and is being discussed with stakeholders. Look for a draft available for general comment in mid-summer.
- Questions? Galen Wilson
Useful Info about the GRS Restructuring Project
- "The New GRS: A Plan for Restructuring and Updating the General Records Schedules", released September 2012, contains details about the five-year plan to replace current schedules with new ones.
- Focus groups helped us develop the direction for restructuring. View the presentation slides.
- Why five years? We already anticipated that question. Here's our answer.
Search the GRS
Open this [PDF]. Type Ctrl+F to open a search window.
Download the GRS
Schedule 19. RESERVED
Schedule 22. Inspector General Records (WITHDRAWN)
- Abstract of GRS Transmittals 8-21 [HTML version] [PDF version] [Word version]
- Transmittal No. 22 - (GRS 24 and Authority Citations), April 19, 2010