Hispanic-Heritage Links (Enlaces a documentos acerca de herencia hispana)
The links on this page are in English because the destination pages are in English.
(Hemos dejado los enlaces en esta página en inglés porque las páginas relacionadas están escritas en inglés.)
If you are researching your family history (Si usted está investigando la historia de su familia o está haciendo genealogía):
Immigration Records (Documentos acerca de Inmigración)
- Information about Mexican Border Crossing Records
- Information about Records from Port of Vera Cruz, Mexico, 1921-1923
Alien Personal History and Statements, 1942-1946 (Historia Personal y Declaraciones de Extranjeros, 1942-1946)
Name Indexes for:
(Índices de Nombres para:)
Military Records: Name Indexes to Casualty and Other Records
(Documentos Militares: Índices de Nombres de Bajas Militares y Otros Documentos)
WWII (Segunda Guerra Mundial)
- Army Casualties from the United States and from other countries
- Navy Casualties from the United States and from other countries
- Search WWII Records in AAD
Korean War (Guerra de Corea)
Vietnam War (Guerra de Vietnam)
- Vietnam War Casualties, U.S. Military Personnel from the United States and from other countries
- Search Vietnam War Records in AAD
Western Exploration and Expansion (Expansión hacia el Oeste)
- Colonization and Settlement (1585-1763)
- Publishing the Journals of the Unfortunate Zebulon Pike, project funded by NHPRC. Zebulon's journal describes his reconnaissance of the Spanish settlements in New Mexico.
- The Hopi History Project: Where 21st-Century Hopis Meet 16th-Century Spaniards, a project funded by NHPRC. Project focuses on relations between Native peoples and Spaniards in the 16th-18th centuries.
- Twenty Years with don Diego: The Vargas Project at the University of New Mexico, project funded by NHPRC, to publish the journals of this 17th-18th century Spanish nobleman, governor, and recolonizer in the Southwest.
Research records at NARA related to specific countries
(Documentos en NARA para investigaciones relacionadas a países específicos)
- Records of Cuba
- Letter written by Fidel Castro (age 12) to F.D. Roosevelt,
Page 1 | Page 2
- Publications at NARA, See:
- References to images of Cuba in NARA's Still Pictures Guide. See 4.1, 26.1, 37.2, 92.2, 111.3, 165.5, 165.6, 168.1
Mexico and Mexican-American related
(Méjico y Documentos Relacionados con Méjico-Americanos):
Mexican War (Guerra de Méjico)
- American Military Service during the Mexican War, 1846–1848
- List of Microfilm at NARA's Riverside facility relating to the Mexican War
- Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo , formally ending the war. Includes background, transcript of the treaty and image of the document.
- Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo . Background and lesson plan for teaching.
- Mexican War links on other web sites
Land Records (Documentos Referentes a Tierras)
- Land Ownership in California and the Transition to a New Government , documents for teaching California history
- List of Microfilm at NARA's Riverside facility relating to Land Records
- General information about Private Land Claims Records in NARA's Riverside facility
- Monuments, Manifest Destiny, and Mexico. This article in Prologue magazine discusses the survey of the U.S.-Mexico borderline, which followed the 1848 Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
- Spanish Land Grant Records, at the New Mexico Commission of Public Records, a NARA Affiliated Archives
- List of Selected Maps of States and Territories, description of Special List 29, which contains many maps referencing Mexico
- Records of the Foreign Service Posts of the Department of State (RG 84), Mexico, Records of the Mexico City Embassy
- Joint Mexican - United States Defense Commission (1942) Executive Order 9080
- School Desegregation in Orange County, CA (regarding Mexican-Americans)
- The United States Armed Forces and the Mexican Punitive Expedition , an article in Prologue
- Research at the New Mexico Commission of Public Records, a NARA Affiliated Archives
- See references to images of Mexico in NARA's Still Pictures Guide. See 19.8, 37.1, 54.5, 75.6, 76.6, 77.12, 79.2, 94.7, 111.1, 165.10, 189.1.
- Military Service during the Philippine Insurrection, 1899–1902
- Researching Service in the U.S. Army During the Philippine Insurrection, an article in Prologue
- Philippine Army and Guerrilla Records at the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri
- References to images of the Philippine Insurrection in NARA's Still Pictures Guide. See 94.5, 111.3, 200.2.
Puerto Rico (Puerto Rico):
- Guide to Puerto Rican Records in the National Archives at New York City
- Records of Spanish Governors of Puerto Rico
- References to images of Puerto Rico in NARA's Still Pictures Guide. See 111.3, 168.1.
Spanish-American War (Guerra Hispano-Americana)
- The First Marine Battalion in the Spanish-American War , an article in Prologue
- "I Am Entitled to the Medal of Honor and I Want It" Theodore Roosevelt and His Quest for Glory , an article in Prologue
- Sailors, Soldiers, and Marines of the Spanish-American War: The Legacy of USS Maine , an article in Prologue
- Documenting United States Naval Activities During the Spanish-American War , an article in Prologue
- Sister Nurses in the Spanish-American War, an article in Prologue
- List of Microfilm at NARA's Riverside facility relating to the Spanish-American War
- Information about Photos of ships of the Spanish Navy and damages to Spanish ships during the Spanish-American War, 1895-98, records available at NARA
- Description of Records of the Spanish Treaty Claims Commission
- List of Publications at NARA, See:
- References to images of the Spanish-American War in NARA's Still Pictures Guide. See 24.3, 94.5, 111.1, 111.3, 165.5, 168.1, 200.2, 200.18, 200.19, 418.2.
Spanish Civil War (Guerra Civil Española)
- The Don Henry Story, Henry volunteered to fight in the Spanish Civil War with the Lincoln Brigade, and died on a battlefield in Aragon in September 1937.
- References to images of Spain in NARA's Still Pictures Guide. See 242.1
- Records of the Foreign Service Posts of the Department of State during WWII, Spain. Finding aid for Holocaust-Era Assets.
- Records of the Office of Strategic Services 1940-1946 . Includes many reports and references to Spain.
- Interagency Working Group (IWG): Record Group 226 Includes many references to Spain and Spanish relations.
- References to images of Spain in NARA's Still Pictures Guide. See 242.8
Other NARA Resources (Otros Recursos que Ofrece NARA)
- Hispanic Resources Seen at Risk, project funded by NHPRC
- Records Pertaining to Latin America in Electronic format
- Commerce Department Records at NARA in Electronic format. Includes references to records of Puerto Ricans and those with Spanish surnames, as well as Central Americans.
- State Department Records at NARA, (includes reference to records relating to Bolivia, Colombia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Peru, and more.)
- Description of Records relating to Holocaust-Era Assets