National Archives News
- Research rooms in College Park, MD, will be closed on Saturday, May 2, while we do maintenance on the air-conditioning system.
- National Archives releases State Department Letter re: email recordkeeping.
- Come to our "End of the Civil War Book Fair" on April 18 in Washington, DC.
- James E. Springs is the new Inspector General of the National Archives and Records Administration.
- New exhibit on JFK now open in Tokyo.
- The National Archives celebrates 800th anniversary of the Magna Carta.
- "Spirited Republic," our new exhibit on alcohol in American history, opened March 6 in Washington, DC.
- The NHPRC announces $2.2 Million in grants for historical records projects.
- Discover the records behind the movies Unbroken and The Imitation Game.
- The Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments of 2014 modernizes records management, including the use of non-government email systems.
- Volume 5 of the Public Papers of President Barack Obama is now available.
- Painting by Jacqueline Kennedy donated to JFK Library.
- The National Declassification Center has opened Visa Investigation Records of the Shanghai Diaspora Communities, 1946–1951.
- Naomi Nelson has been appointed to the National Historical Publications and Records Commission.
- A free mobile app and eBook, Congress Creates the Bill of Rights, are now available.
Top of Page