Back Next

Wilson Dam

Originally constructed to power two nitrate plants that manufactured explosives, Wilson dam was completed in 1924. TVA acquired the dam from the Army Corps of Engineers in 1933.

Wilson Dam

Subject

Dams--Design and construction

Creator

Records of the Tennessee Valley Authority, Record Group 142

Source

Project Histories & Reports, 1937-1974

Date

ca. 1943

Rights

National Archives at Atlanta

Format

Still Image

Identifier

National Archives Identifier 890185

Coverage

Florence (Ala.) | Wilson Reservoir

Original Format

Photographic Print 8" x 10"
Tags