Executive Orders Disposition Tables
Note: Executive order updates were discontinued on January 20, 2017. Information on current Executive orders can be found at www.federalregister.gov/executive-orders.
Executive orders are official documents, numbered consecutively, through which the President of the United States manages the operations of the Federal Government. Learn More
Learn about Executive Orders
After the President signs an Executive order, it is:
- Assigned a number by the Office of the Federal Register
- Published in the Federal Register
- Compiled in Title 3-The President, Code of Federal Regulations
- Executive Orders Disposition Tables
Content: Status of Executive Orders
Dates: January 8, 1937 - January 19, 2017
- Title 3-The President, Code of Federal Regulations
Content: Compilation of signed Presidential documents received by the Office of the Federal Register and published in the Federal Register.
Dates: Annually as of January 1
- Codification of Presidential Proclamations and Executive Orders
Content: Edited and re-arranged Executive Orders and Proclamations
Dates: April 13, 1945 - January 20, 1989 (out of print)
This search will look for the dispositions of Executive Orders issued through January 19, 2017.
- To search the text of previous Executive Orders, see the Codification of Presidential Proclamations and Executive Orders
(To improve results, use a plus sign (+) before the keyword, for example +1999)