Activities of Volunteers
The National Archives has over 1,500 volunteers throughout the nation providing valuable service on numerous activities and projects throughout the year.
Recent Projects include:
- Reboxing and relabeling of a variety of holdings in preparation of Fall 2012 move to the Alexander Hamilton U.S. Custom House.
- Scanning records and writing Facebook posts related to the Titanic disaster.
- Creating searchable indexes for the naturalization records of the District of New Jersey.
- Researching the history of the U.S. Custom House.
- Searching the Public Works of Art Project correspondence for samples of work.
- Creating folder lists for Habeas Corpus Case files for the Southern District of New York.
- Reboxing and refoldering photographs from the War Assets Adminstration.