National Archives Privacy Program Resources
Protecting the privacy of both our customers and the public is of paramount interest to the National Archives.
NARA's privacy program is part of the Office of General Counsel. Our Senior Agency Official for Privacy is Gary M. Stern and our Chief Privacy Officer is Hannah Bergman. You can reach them by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with any privacy questions or complaints.
The Privacy Act of 1974 applies to NARA's operational records. The majority of its provisions do not apply to the holdings of the National Archives of the United States.
Privacy Act Resources
- Department of Justice Privacy Act Guidance
- NARA's Privacy Act regulations and exemptions
- NARA's Guide to Making a Privacy Act Request
- Inventory of Privacy Act System Notices
- NARA does not have any Computer Matching Agreements