Access and Transparency—Records Held at the National Archives
William G. McGowan Theater
View on YouTube
In recognition of Sunshine Week, learn how we can help you request and access the restricted and non-restricted Federal records held at the National Archives—often without a Freedom of Information Act request. A panel of staff experts will discuss and answer questions about their work in making records available from our executive, legislative, and Presidential holdings.
- Moderator: Gary M. Stern, General Counsel, Chief FOIA Officer & Senior Agency Officer for Privacy
- Joseph A. Scanlon, FOIA & Privacy Act Officer in the Office of General Counsel
- Kristen Wilhelm, Center for Legislative Archives
- Martha Wagner Murphy, Chief in Special Access and FOIA Staff
- John Laster, Director in Presidential Materials Division
- Don McIlwain, FOIA/MDR Division in the National Declassification Center
All events listed in the calendar are free unless noted.