One day all of our records will be online. You can help make it happen.
You can become a citizen archivist — just click one of the options below to get started.
You Can Tag It!
Add tags to images and records of the National Archives.
Welcome to our Citizen Archivist program. You can make contributions to the National Archives Catalog to enhance access and discoverability. Transcribe historical documents, tag archival photographs, or share comments with other community members. Join us! Every contribution you make helps unlock history.
Join our community of Citizen Archivists. Learn how to Register and Get Started.
Subscribe to our Catalog newsletter! Learn about newly added records, transcription missions, and receive tips on using the Catalog's features and functionality. This email newsletter is delivered on a biweekly basis.
What are other Citizen Archivists talking about on History Hub?
- automated search for untranscribed documents ?
- Is there a way to rotate images to better transcribe them? One particular set of records, I'm currently looking at are sideways and it makes it difficult to view them while transcribing at the same time.
- Auto-save in Editor fields
- Revolutionary War document transcription help
- publish and close still grayed out