Citizen Archivist Missions
We've curated these missions to help you jump in and contribute! Click on a topic that interests you, and it will bring you right to those records in our Catalog where you can begin transcribing or tagging. New missions are added and updated regularly, so check back often to see what’s new.
New to our Citizen Archivist program? Learn how to get started.
Citizen Archivist Road Trip
We're traveling the country this summer to bring you a series of citizen archivist missions from each National Archives field office. Join us for each stop on our Road Trip to discover incredible records from across the National Archives. Check back each week as we feature a different location.
Fourth stop: Fort Worth!
The National Archives at Fort Worth holds permanent records created by Federal agencies and courts in the following states: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Texas.
This week, you can help us tag and transcribe civil and criminal case files, slave manifests, oaths of Deputy Marshals, applications, correspondence, and much more!
Help enhance these records to help make them more discoverable online. Click within this box to bring you right to records from Forth Worth in the Catalog and get started contributing.
Records of Divisions, 1917 - 1920
Transcribe unit histories, station lists, operations reports, messages, field orders, correspondence, general orders, special orders, bulletins, and memorandums that document the service of each American Expeditionary Forces combat division during its participation in World War I.
Sightings of Unidentified Flying Objects
Help us transcribe information the Air Force gathered about specific UFO sightings. Each file contains reports from UFO observers, correspondence between these observers and the Air Force, newspaper and magazine clippings, and reports of analysis of photographs and physical evidence.
Transcribe these case files of application from former Confederates for pardon and amnesty in response to President Andrew Johnson's proclamation of May 29, 1865. The individual files often contain considerable information on a pardon applicant's background, his activities during the war years, and his attitude in defeat.
World War I Missions
As we commemorate the U.S. entry into the Great War, we ask for your help tagging and transcribing a rotating offering of records. All of these contributions help make the records of the National Archives more discoverable. Visit the National Archives' World War I Centennial page to learn more about the war.
Jump in and help us transcribe these individual records. Documenting events throughout United States history, you are sure to find something new and interesting in these featured records!
- Witness Reports Transcribe this record.
- Annual Report of the Provost Marshal General, November 15, 1864 Transcribe this record.
- Program Planning Report, Project 1794 Extension Program, 4/1957 Transcribe this record.
- Letter, Dwight D. Eisenhower to George C. Marshall, 4/15/1945 Transcribe this record.
- Report of the Master, 11/1839 Transcribe this record.
- Oswald, Lee Harvey - Post Russian Period - 5 Employment Jan 1964- Transcribe this record.
- Wed: Wedge, D. THRU Weizard, Hester Transcribe this record.
- Point Hope, Alaska Transcribe this record.
- Monthly Report of Military Governor, U.S. Zone, No. 3: Reparations and Restitutions, 10/20/1945 Transcribe this record.
- 501 German Consultants-Education Branch Librarians, 1946-1949 Transcribe this record.
- CCC - Safety, R-10 Transcribe this record.
- 1203495 - Vacuum Tube - William D. Coolidge Transcribe this record.
- Printed Copy of Documents Entered into Evidence in the Case of People of the State of Illinois v. Illinois Central Railroad Company and City of Chicago, 6/2/1887 Transcribe this record.
- Brief History of the Kischineff Petition together with Classification, Analysis, and List of Signatures by the Independent Order B'nai B'rith, 1903 Transcribe this record.
- USCG Point Glover, 02/01/1967 - 02/28/1967 Transcribe this record.
- Directory of Field Activities of BBS, and List of Permanent Projects, 1938-39 Transcribe this record.
- 206-01 Combat Artist Team I 1966 Transcribe this record.