Citizen Archivist Missions
New to our Citizen Archivist program? Learn how to get started.
We've curated these missions to help you jump in and contribute! Click on a topic that interests you, and it will bring you right to those records in our Catalog where you can begin transcribing or tagging. New missions are added and updated regularly, so check back often to see what’s new.
World War I Missions
As we commemorate the U.S. entry into the Great War, we ask for your help tagging and transcribing a rotating offering of records. All of these contributions help make the records of the National Archives more discoverable. Visit the National Archives' World War I Centennial page to learn more about the war.
Helps us transcribe these individual records:
- G-2 Division, Berlin Brigade, Intelligence Summary (ISUM #2) (U), 1/11/1962 Transcribe this record.
- Equal Opportunity in Housing November 20, 1962, 11/20/1962 Transcribe this record.
- Speech of Senator Harry S. Truman Before the Annual Meeting of the National Association of Accident and Health Underwriters, St. Louis, Missouri, 6/22/1944 Transcribe this record.
- Report No. 84: May 07, 1944 Transcribe this record.
- United States of America v. William Joseph McMurtrey, Jr. and Edward August Ockel V Transcribe this record.
- Act of June 15, 1917, Public Law 24 (Espionage Act), An Act to Punish Acts of Interference with the Foreign Relations, the Neutrality, and the Foreign Commerce of the United States Transcribe this record.
- Letter Transmitting a Memorandum from Polish Legation, Teheran, Iran, Reference Polish Prisoners in U.S.S.R. Transcribe this record.
- Memorandum for the Record (MFR) of an Interview with a Person Affiliated with the Department of Treasury Conducted by Team 4, 11/13/2003 Transcribe this record.
- Resolution, "Protest Against Diversion of Waters from Lands Requiring Irrigation," from Citizens of Merced and Stanislaus Counties, California, 5/30/1913 Transcribe this record.
- H. R. 14359, 72nd Congress, 2nd Session, 2/28/1933 Transcribe this record.
- Press copy of Address of the President, Charter Day, Memorial Stadium, University of California, Berkeley, 23 March 1962 Transcribe this record.
- Bond of [Unknown] Relf, [Unknown] Shew, and James Bobkirk, 7/21/1807 Transcribe this record.
- Speech of Senator Harry S. Truman in Denver, Colorado, 6/26/1944 Transcribe this record.
- NSDD 325 Fiscal Year (FY) 1989-1994 Nuclear Weapons Stockpile Plan, 1/19/1989 Transcribe this record.
- Reports Concerning Mr. Harry Frank [Franc] Transcribe this record.
- Petition for Transfer of Prisoner-William K. Hale Transcribe this record.
- James Buchanan to the President of the Republic of Chile, 4/21/1857 Transcribe this record.
- Reduced Salmon-Steelhead Bag Limits Proposed, 10/13/1975 Transcribe this record.
- Report from M. L. Reed to W. H. Hugo, 9/12/1870 Transcribe this record.
- James Buchanan to the Chilean Government Regarding the Appointment of David A. Starkweather as US Envoy, 4/16/1857 Transcribe this record.