Citizen Archivist Missions
New to our Citizen Archivist program? Learn how to get started.
We've curated these missions to help you jump in and contribute! Click on a topic that interests you, and it will bring you right to those records in our Catalog where you can begin transcribing or tagging. New missions are added and updated regularly, so check back often to see what’s new.
World War I Missions
As we commemorate the U.S. entry into the Great War, we ask for your help tagging and transcribing a rotating offering of records. All of these contributions help make the records of the National Archives more discoverable. Visit the National Archives' World War I Centennial page to learn more about the war.
Reports of Special Agents
Transcribe reports of special agents related to subjects for internment, exemption from classification as alien enemy, application for citizenship, conspiracy to obstruct the draft, failure to register, conscription matters, Espionage Act violations, liquor laws violations, Mann Act violations, and disloyalty.
Helps us transcribe these individual records.
- List of Demonstrations and Rallies as Reported by Regional Offices, 5/1/1992 Transcribe this record.
- Smokey Bear Nature Stories, No. 1016, 8/1959 Transcribe this record.
- Invitation for the State Dinner on the Occasion of the Signing of the Egyptian-Israeli Peace Treaty, 3/26/1979 Transcribe this record.
- Enterprise Equipment at Work, 1952 Transcribe this record.
- Letter from Senator John F. Kennedy to Ambassador Douglas MacArthur II regarding the Japanese translation of Profiles in Courage, 28 June 1958 Transcribe this record.
- Petition from Polly Lemon to Congress, 11/10/1833 Transcribe this record.
- Offprint of Public Law 88-156, 88th Congress, H. R. 7544, Maternal and Child Health and Mental Retardation Planning Amendments of 1963, 10/24/1963 Transcribe this record.
- Speech by the Hon. Brooke Claxton, Minister of National Defence, in the Canadian House of Commons Regarding the Future of NATO [North Atlantic Treaty Organization], 4/3/1952 Transcribe this record.
- Letter from Mrs. Paul Phelps Morand to Secretary of State James F. Byrnes Regarding the American Delegation to the First Meeting on the Assembly of the United Nations, 10/19/1945 Transcribe this record.
- Voucher for Lard Oil for Construction of the New Orleans Custom House Transcribe this record.
- Alaskan National Monuments Transcribe this record.
- List of Demonstrations and Rallies Related to Rodney King Verdict, 5/6/1992 Transcribe this record.
- Attorney General's Papers: Contracts Employing Attorneys Transcribe this record.
- Iran Update: November 19, 1979 Transcribe this record.
- Bill Smith Strip Cropping, 1952 Transcribe this record.
- Hyde Park - New York as a Seat for United Nations Organization, 1946 Transcribe this record.
- Abstract of Disbursements for New Custom House at New Orleans Transcribe this record.
- Voucher for Fireproof Roofing on Post Office in the New Orleans Custom House Transcribe this record.
- Letter from Ansel Adams to Department of the Interior Chief Clerk Floyd E. Dotson, 4/20/1942 Transcribe this record.
- United States of America v. William Joseph McMurtrey, Jr. and Edward August Ockel V Transcribe this record.