Forum: Using FOIA to Access Immigration Records
William G. McGowan Theater
Thursday, August 30, 2018 - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
View on YouTube
Accessing immigration records through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) does not have to be a confusing process. Learn from Federal agency representatives about the kinds of immigration records their agency keeps and how you can use FOIA to request copies of these records. During this special forum, you will hear from representatives of
- Department of Homeland Security (Customs and Border Protection, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services);
- Department of Health and Human Services;
- Department of Justice (Executive Office for Immigration Review);
- Department of State; and the
- National Archives and Records Administration.
The forum is presented by the Office of Government Information Services and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
All events listed in the calendar are free unless noted.