The teaching activities included with the article correlate to the National Standards for History.
- Era 8-The Causes of the Great Depression and how it affected American society
- Standard 1B-Demonstrate understanding of how American life changed during the 1930s.
They also correlate to the National Standards for Civics and Government.
- Standard IV.B.1-Explain the principal foreign policy positions of the United States and evaluate their consequences.
- Standard IV.B.3-Evaluate, take, and defend positions on foreign policy issues in light of American national interests, values, and principles.
- Standard IV.C.2-Evaluate, take, and defend positions about the effects of significant international political developments on the United States and other nations.
They also correlate to the National Standards for World History.
- Era 8-A Half-Century of Crisis and Achievement (1900-1945)
- Standard 1B-Demonstrate understanding of the causes and consequences of important resistance and revolutionary movements in the early 20th century.
- Standard 4A-Student understands the causes of World War II.