Press Release · Thursday, January 4, 2001
January 4, 2001
MEDIA ALERT: One-Time Only Opportunity to Photograph Move of Clinton Materials
WHAT: The National Archives and Records Administration, in cooperation with the Department of Defense, will host a one-time only media opportunity to film and photograph the move of the Clinton Presidential Materials. The opportunity will consist of four parts:
1. The National Archives loading dock where boxes will be shrink-wrapped and moved into trailer trucks.
2. Andrews Air Force Base where the materials will be loaded onto a C-5 transport plane.
3. Little Rock Air Force Base where the materials will be loaded into trailer trucks.
4. The Clinton Presidential Materials Project where the boxes will be unloaded from the trucks and shelved.
1. The move of the materials from the National Archives Building onto the trucks will take place between 8:30 AM and 10 AM, Friday, January 5.
2. The loading of the C-5 at Andrews Air Force Base will occur between 1:45 PM and 3 PM, Friday, January 5. Media must be at the Main Gate at Andrews Air Force Base by 1 PM.
3. The unloading of the C-5 and the preparation of the trucks will take place between 8:30 AM and 11:30 AM on Saturday, January 6 at Little Rock Air Force Base. Media must be at the Main Gate at Little Rock Air Force Base by 7:45 AM.
4. The final unloading of the materials at the Clinton Presidential materials Project between noon and 2 PM on Saturday, January 6.
1. National Archives Building (in Washington, DC) loading dock. Press should use the Pennsylvania Avenue entrance, between 7th and 9th Streets, NW.
2. Andrews Air Force Base, Passenger Terminal, Press Center.
3. Little Rock Air Force Base, located in Jacksonville, Ark., off Hwy. 67/167.
4. The Clinton Project, 1000 La Harpe Boulevard, Little Rock, Arkansas.
WHO: The only interview opportunity will be at the National Archives Building. David Peterson, Assistant Archivist for Presidential Libraries, will be available briefly to answer questions. There will be no other interview opportunities.
For Press information:
Contact the National Archives Public Affairs staff at 301-837-1700.
For logistical information:
At Andrews Air Force Base, contact Lt. Keri McPartlin at 301-981-4511.
At Little Rock Air Force Base, contact Capt. Brenda Barker at 501-987-3601.
At the Clinton Presidential Materials Project, contact David Alsobrook at 501-244-9756.
This page was last reviewed on January 7, 2013.
Contact us with questions or comments.