Nazi and Japanese War Crimes Report to be Delivered to Congress This Friday
Press Release · Tuesday, September 25, 2007
September 25, 2007
Final Report on the Declassification of Nazi and Japanese Imperial Government War Crimes Records (IWG)
Report describes the largest single-subject declassification effort in U.S. History
For Press Information
- Office of Representative Maloney Meghan O’Shaughnessy 202- 225-7944
- National Archives Public Affairs Staff 202-357-5300
- [icon-link label="Final Report (7.04 MB)" icon="file-pdf-o" classes="" link="/iwg/reports/final-report-2007.pdf" /]
What: The Nazi War Crimes and Japanese Imperial Government Records Interagency Working Group (IWG) will present its final report at a Capitol Hill press conference. Participants will discuss highlights of the 172-page report, including the history of the legislation -- authored by Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY) and former Senator Mike DeWine (R-OH) -- that brought about the declassification effort; agencies’ implementation the act, the declassification results, and recommendations for future declassification policies.
- Congresswoman Carolyn B. Maloney (D-NY)
- Allen Weinstein, Archivist of the United States and IWG Chair
- Tom Baer, IWG member
- Richard Ben-Veniste, IWG member
- Elizabeth Holtzman, IWG member
When: Friday, September 28, 2007, 10 AM
Where: 2255 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
# # #
For press information, contact:
- Office of Representative Maloney - Meghan OShaughnessy, 202- 225-7944
- National Archives Office of Public Affairs Staff - 202-357-5300
This page was last reviewed on August 15, 2016.
Contact us with questions or comments.