National Archives Announces Launch of New “Our Archives” Wiki
Press Release · Thursday, July 8, 2010
July 8, 2010
National Archives Announces Launch of New "Our Archives" Wiki
Washington, DC…The National Archives announces the launch today of its first public wiki called “Our Archives” on Wikispaces located at: http://www.ourarchives.wikispaces.net. “Our Archives” provides a collaborative space for members of the public, researchers, and staff to share knowledge about National Archives records, resources and research. The wiki is an opportunity for researchers, historians, archivists, and citizen archivists to work together to create pages on specific records or topics as well as to share information and resources to connect with other researchers.
Users may participate in the wiki in the following ways:
- Create new pages and edit pre-existing pages about historical subjects and records held by the National Archives;
- Expand upon a description in the National Archives online catalog;
- Publish a transcription of a document;
- Add information to build upon other resources;
- Collaborate with other users working on similar subjects or to work together on research projects;
- Join in the discussions for various pages.
Joining the Wiki
Anyone is able to read the pages and join in the discussions. Contributors to the wiki will need a user login and password. To create an account, go to http://www.ourarchives.wikispaces.net and click “Join” in the top left corner, and follow the instructions. New accounts will be approved Monday through Friday between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm.
Questions about the Archives wiki may be sent to Rebecca Warlow at OurArchiveswiki@nara.gov
# # #
For press information, contact the National Archives Public Affairs staff at 202-357-5300.
This page was last reviewed on January 7, 2013.
Contact us with questions or comments.