AC 18. 2021
Date: February 24, 2021
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY CONTACTS: General Record Schedule Status Update, February 2021
This notice is to update agencies about ongoing work on the General Records Schedules (GRS).
Two schedules are currently available on the Federal Register for public comment:
- GRS 4.2, Information Access & Protection Records (DAA-GRS-2020-0002)
- GRS 5.6, Security Management Records (DAA-GRS-2021-0001)
We also expect to send three schedules out for agency comment in the next few months:
- GRS 2.7, Employee Health & Safety Records
- GRS 4.5, Digitizing Records
- GRS 5.2, Transitory & Intermediary Records
Details about GRS updates can be found here. No agency action is required at this time. If you have any questions or comments about these schedules or any other GRS questions, please email GRS_Team@nara.gov.
Chief Records Officer
for the U.S. Government