Records Management Instruction Support (ReMIS)
Records Management Instruction Support (ReMIS) is a free service provided by NARA's Records Management Training Program. The goal of ReMIS is to provide Agency Records Officers with tools they need to design, develop and implement records management training in their agencies. ReMIS experts provide consulting on records management training, design and development and access to NARA records management training materials.
To learn more, select the ReMIS video.
Training Development Support
Mentoring and guidance around target audience needs, task analysis, lesson design and development, implementation, and evaluation for records management training. ReMIS provides:
- Subject matter expertise in record management training instruction and design. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Recommendations of NARA Records Management (RM) lessons that can be bundled together, by the agency, to present material on specific topics (e.g., email, records inventories, electronic records).
- Remote observation of training and feedback
- Review of agency created course materials for RM content.
- Tools and templates for instructional design and development
- Course Assessment Form
- Instructor Feedback Form
- Basic RM Fundamentals training that can be tailored and loaded onto your Learning Management System and will assist you in meeting the minimum requirements of NARA Bulletin 2017-01
- Slides to use as a starting point for developing your own training
Downloadable Training Materials
Lesson Repository: Download the lessons you need to create your own training. Load the as-is onto your Learning Management Systems or intranet, or use the source file as a starting point for developing your own training. Click here for Online Lessons
Microlearning: Download short lessons that deliver targeted, bite-sized training on a single topic in 10 minutes or less. Load the topics as-is onto your Learning Management Systems or intranet, or use the source file as a starting point for developing your own training. Click here for Microlearning Lessons
Job Aids: Download job aids to use in your training. Click here for Job Aids
Other Resources: Download newly developed training resources. Click here for Other Resources
Bureau of Trust Funds Administration: NARA worked with the Bureau of Trust Funds Administration (BTFA) to develop a tailored version of RM Fundamentals, provided information on the training design and development process, and shared instructional tools and templates. They will use ReMIS resources to develop and provide records management training to more than 500 agency staff at BTFA and the Bureau of Indian Affairs.
United States Department of Agriculture: NARA's Training Program initially developed the RM Fundamentals course for USDA in 2019. This course became the template for future iterations of RM Fundamentals that are developed for agencies who request it through Records Management Instruction Support (ReMis). Over 75,000 staff across USDA agencies completed the initial version of RM Fundamentals. ACT recently updated the RM Fundamentals course for USDA and over 103,000 staff have completed the new version so far.
How to request ReMIS
Set up a meeting to discuss your RM training design and development needs by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org