Records Management Training
NARA's Records Management Training Program provides innovative, comprehensive, and cost-effective records management instruction to our learning community of Federal employees and contractors. As of October 1, 2018, all NARA Records Management training will be free. We use a variety of tools and techniques through continuing education to foster government accountability, which includes making Federal records available, documenting the National Experience, and protecting legal rights.
Training is delivered at NARA regional facilities, NARA Washington, DC, area facilities, other locations across the country and in online Virtual Classrooms. NARA's training program includes courses in six "Areas of Knowledge" that are relevant to anyone responsible for managing Federal records and comprise NARA's Certificate in Federal Records Management Training Program. Other courses in the curriculum include Basic Records Operations, Electronic Records Management, and Vital Business Information. The Training Program also presents a series of online briefings addressing a variety of records management topics. These briefings are recorded and posted for public use on NARA's YouTube Channel.
For specific information on courses, as well as course schedules, please consult NARA's Learning Center (Cornerstone Learning Management System - LMS)
- Register for Courses Online
- Records Management Training Courses
Browse our nationwide course catalog online.
- Certificate of Federal Records Management Training
- Registration Contacts and Information
Other Training Information
Past RACO Conferences - 2009 to 2012
- We removed the links to past RACO Conferences 2009 to 2012. If you are interested in finding information on RACO Conferences 2009 to 2012, please send your inquiry to RMT1@nara.gov.
* Please see our Privacy Statement