Records Management Training
NARA's National Records Management Training Program provides innovative, comprehensive, and cost-effective records management instruction to our learning community of Federal employees and contractors. We use a variety of tools and techniques through continuing education to foster government accountability, which includes making Federal records available, documenting the National Experience, and protecting legal rights.
Training is delivered at NARA regional facilities, NARA Washington, DC, area facilities, other locations across the country and in online Virtual Classrooms. NARA's national training program includes courses in six "Areas of Knowledge" that are relevant to anyone responsible for managing Federal records and comprise NARA's Certificate in Federal Records Management Training Program. Other courses in the national curriculum include Basic Records Operations, Electronic Records Management and Vital Business Information. The Training Program also presents a series of online briefings addressing a variety of records management topics. These briefings are recorded and posted for public use on NARA's YouTube Channel.
For specific information on classes, as well as class schedules, please consult NARA's Cornerstone Learning Management System (LMS).
- Register for Classes Online
- Records Management Training Courses
Browse our nationwide course catalog online.
- Certificate of Federal Records Management Training
- Registration Contacts and Information
Past RACO Conferences
- RACO 2013: CANCELLED Records Administration Conference (RACO)
- RACO 2012: "Developing a 21st Century Framework for Records Management "
- RACO 2011: "Forging Ahead: Meeting the Challenges of Electronic Records in an Open Government"
- RACO Chicago 2010: "Managing the Records of an Open Government"
- RACO 2010: "Managing the Records of an Open Government"
- RACO 2009: "Collaborating Across Boundaries: Government Records and Social Media"
Other Training Information
- Explore Records Management Publications
- Records Management Information Resource Links
- Modern Archives Institute
* Please see our Privacy Statement