Training for Agency Records Officers
Agency Records Officer Credential (AROC) training is for Agency Records Officers only.
AROC training and tracking is done exclusively within NARA's LMS. You must be identified as the Agency Records Officer by your agency. You can access our Learn Center at: nara.csod.com
You can obtain the Credential by selecting the following options:
New AROs who do not already hold NARA’s Certificate of Federal Records Management Training have these options:
- Test Out Option – If you are an experienced records manager, you may request to “test out” by completing each of 3 tests which assess your mastery of the three curriculum levels. If you pass the test for Level 1 with a score of 80% or better, you will receive credit for all of the content in Level 1, and so forth. If you score 79% or less on a test, you must complete the learning content for that level.
- Learning Modules Option – You may start with the content in Level 1 and complete the lessons for each level.
New and current AROs who earned or were granted an exemption to the Certificate of Federal Records Management Training prior to January 1, 2020 have these options:
- Credit for Prior Training – NARA will consider the Certificate of Federal Records Management Training and certificate exemptions that were granted per NARA Bulletin 2014-03 as equivalent to the AROC. You will be required to participate in mandatory AROC renewal beginning in January 2023.
- Test Out Option – If you want to test your knowledge, you may use the Test Out Option described above.
- Learning Modules Option – If you would like to take the current training, you may start with the content in Level 1 and complete the lessons for each level.
Please contact the AROC program via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly AROC Support Sessions
AROC cohorts offer a weekly support session to go over various records management topics and include SMEs to answer ARO records management questions - both inclusive of the content and questions that may be agency program specific.
Support Sessions are held weekly on Wednesday at 2:00 pm (EST). Each week we will post the presentations for you to review.
Support Session Presentations