October 19, 2012
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY CONTACTS: GRS Working Groups
The General Records Schedule Team is creating informal working groups composed of NARA and Federal agency staff to collaborate in the development of new GRS schedules. We are looking for agency staff who would like to work to identify schedule requirements and draft "strawman" schedules. We are forming six working groups to develop the 10-11 schedules we are working on this year. The topical working groups are:
- Finance Management - Goods & Services Acquisition, Payments, and Accounting
- Finance Management - Collections
- Finance Management - Grants (and possibly Loans)
- Technology Management - System Development, IT Infrastructure & Systems Maintenance, and Information System Security
- Information Management - Records & Information Management
- Information Management - Records Related to Electronic Systems
We plan kick-off meetings in early November, with work concluding in mid-January and final schedules approved by the end of the Fiscal Year. Once we have completed this initial phase of development, we will disseminate the draft schedules to other agencies for review and comments.
If your agency is interested in participating in either phase of GRS development, please email Andrea.Riley@nara.gov, by Friday, October 26, 2012. Please include the topical area you are interested in participating in and whether you want take part in the working group or secondary review segments.
Because of the potential amount of work that may be involved in these projects, we want to avoid involving any one agency in multiple working groups. If you are interested in participating in multiple topics, we'd be happy to include you in the draft schedule review phase in addition to one of the working groups. Invitations to the kick-off meetings will be sent to working group participants will be distributed by November 2.
PAUL M. WESTER, JR.
Chief Records Officer
for the U.S. Government