September 16, 2014
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY CONTACTS: GRS Transmittal 23
|Note: There is an update associated with this AC memo and the GRS Transmittal attached. See the following memo: AC 36.2014, dated September 29, 2014.|
The Office of the Chief Records Officer is happy to announce the publication of GRS Transmittal 23. This transmittal makes available five new General Records Schedules (GRS):
- GRS 1.1: Financial Management and Reporting Records
- GRS 1.2: Grant and Cooperative Agreement Records
- GRS 3.1: General Technology Management Records
- GRS 3.2: Information System Security Records
- GRS 4.3: Input Records, Output Records, and Electronic Copies
Agency Records Officers must disseminate the new schedules within their agencies no later than March 2015.
Use of the new GRS is mandatory and applies retrospectively and day-forward for all described records. If your agency intends to use agency-specific schedule items instead of the new General Records Schedules, you must inform GRS_Team@nara.gov within 120 days. You will need to provide the agency-specific schedule and item number as well as the related GRS item.
PAUL M. WESTER, JR.
Chief Records Officer
for the U.S. Government