Fast Track Guidance
ATTENTION! This product is no longer current. For the most recent NARA guidance, please visit our Records Management Policy page.
This page provides links to Fast Track products that have been publically reviewed, commented upon, and revised accordingly. These products include a description of typical records management (RM) program functions and activities with their corresponding automated equivalents, a survey of baseline organizational data that evaluates the status of RM activities prior to beginning an electronic records management/recordkeeping (ERM/K) project, and a series of benefit and cost factors that should be evaluated when considering such a project.
Fast Track Products
- Overview: Context for Electronic Records Management[ERM]
- What is Electronic Recordkeeping [ERK]?
- Why Federal Agencies Need to Move Toward Electronic Recordkeeping
- Preliminary Planning for Electronic Recordkeeping: Check list for IT Staff
- Preliminary Planning for Electronic Recordkeeping: Checklist for RM Staff
- Typical Records Management [RM] Functions and Typical RM Program Activities
- Examples of System Functions for Electronic Recordkeeping (ERK) and Electronic Records Management (ERM)
- Survey of Baseline Organizational Information
- Analysis of Costs and Benefits for ERM/ERK Projects