JFK Assassination Records - 2018 Additional Documents Release
The National Archives is releasing documents previously withheld in accordance with the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act. The vast majority of the Collection (88%) has been open in full and released to the public since the late 1990s. The records at issue are documents previously identified as assassination records, but withheld in full or withheld in part. Learn more
These releases include FBI, CIA, and other agency documents (both formerly withheld in part and formerly withheld in full) identified by the Assassination Records Review Board as assassination records. The releases to date are as follows:
- July 24, 2017: 3,810 documents (read press release)
- October 26, 2017: 2,891 documents (read press release)
- November 3, 2017: 676 documents (read press release)
- November 9, 2017: 13,213 documents (read press release)
- November 17, 2017: 10,744 documents (read press release)
- December 15, 2017: 3,539 documents * (read press release)
- April 26, 2018: 18,731 documents * (read press release)
* Note: There are instances where multiple record identification numbers are associated with the same pdf. This is due to the fact that the files were scanned in batches.
Accessing the Release Files
The table below displays metadata about all the released documents. You can also download the spreadsheet as an Excel file (4.7MB).
To view or download a specific document, follow the link in the "Doc Date" column. The files are sorted by NARA Release Date, with the most recent files appearing first. The previous withholding status (i.e., formerly withheld in part or formerly withheld in full) is identified in the “Formerly Withheld Status” column.
|Row Num||Record Num||NARA Release Date||Formerly Withheld||Agency||Doc Date||Doc Type||File Num||To Name||From Name||Title||Num Pages||Originator||Record Series||Review Date||Comments||Pages Released|
|PAPER-TEXTUAL DOCUMENT||TESTIMONY (3)||DEPOSITION OF RICHARD MC GARRAH HELMS, APRIL 23, 1975, 2 OF 2||34||ROCK||TESTIMONY SERIES||03/12/2018||Some pages are missing. Not as complete as 1781000210092.|
|PAPER-TEXTUAL DOCUMENT||ASSASSINATION-RELATED MATERIALS (3)||BUCHEN, PHILIP||CARL, OFFICE OF THE DD/S&T||SUMMARY REPORT ON CIA INVESTIGATION OF MKNAOMI||17||CIA||ASSASSINATION-RELATED MATERIALS||03/12/2018||Transmittal memo and 15-page report.|
Bulk Download of PDF and WAV files
You can access individual files by browsing the webpage above and selecting the link in the "Doc Date" column. You may also download the Excel spreadsheet above, which includes links to all of the files. If you need copies of all PDF and WAV files, you can request a compressed bulk download by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with “JFK Bulk Download” in the subject line.