What's New in the Research Room
New Research Pages Online
- Special Access and FOIA
- Guide to Black History
- Iran Hostage Crisis
- Treasures from World War II US Navy Command Files
- The American Experience of Human Rights Abuses in Brazil, 1964-1985
- National Archives at Chicago - November 2015 E-News:
- New exhibits from the National Archives at Philadelphia
- Researcher News newsletter, Spring 2015 edition
National Archives at Chicago - April 2015 E-News:
- The Dawn of the Atomic Age and Beyond: Photographs from Argonne National Laboratory
- The National Archives at Chicago Workshops for 2015
- National Archives at Chicago March 2015 Newsletter
The following series from the National Archives Building in Washington, DC has been digitized by Ancestry and is now available online:
RG 52, NM-48 51, Registers of Patients at Naval Hospitals, 1812 - 1929
(National Archives Identifier: 2745846)
- RG 52, NM-48 51, Registers of Patients at Naval Hospitals, 1812 - 1929
- National Archives at Chicago - February 2015 Newsletter
- Records Relating to D-Day
- Reference Reports related to Federal Employees
- List of Series in the Records of the United States Food Administration, Record Group 4, at the National Archives at Fort Worth
- Vessel and Station Log Books at the National Archives
- Research Guide to the Criminal Case Files of Fort Smith, Arkansas, 1866-1900
- Index to Forest Service Photos, from Series "Photographs Relating to National Forests, Resource Management Practices, Personnel, and Cultural and Economic History, ca. 1897-ca. 1980"
- Unsealed Materials from US v. Liddy
- Supreme Court of the United States - 2011 Term Audio Recordings of Oral Arguments/Opinions
- Preparing for release of 1940 Census on April 2, 2012
- US Presidents in Census Records
- New and Updated Foreign Policy and State Department pages
- Genealogy Reference Reports for Native American Research
- Genealogy Reference Reports for African American Research
- Genealogy Reference Reports for Military Research
- Marine Corps Command Chronologies for the Vietnam War
- List of NARA Microfilm Publications and Original Records Digitized by NARA's Digitization Partners
- NARAtions: Blog about access to the Records of the U.S. National Archives
Microfilm can now be searched and ordered online
- Federal military pension applications files for military service from the American Revolution up to before World War I.
- Individual pages of Federal population census schedules, 1790-1930.
- Land entry files (such as credit, cash, homestead, and mineral) or surrendered military bounty-land warrants files (Acts of 1788, 1812, 1847, 1850, and 1855).
- Bounty-land warrant application files for Federal military service before 1856.
- Ship passenger arrival records, 1820-1959.
- Eastern Cherokee application records, 1906-1909.
- Compiled military service records for regular forces up to before World War I.
Use the Access to Archival Databases (AAD) system to search some of NARA's electronic records holdings.
See other ways to Research NARA's records online