What's New for Researchers
- Research rooms are closed on Monday, February 18, for Washington's Birthday. Museums in Washington, DC, and at the Presidential libraries will be open.
- January 30, Washington, DC area: OPM has announced a 3 hour delay (Wednesday, January 30) for all staff in the Washington, DC area due to weather and safety concerns. Research rooms in the Washington, DC area open at noon.
- January 29, Washington, DC area: OPM has announced a 2 hour early departure today (Tuesday, January 29) for all staff in the Washington, DC area due to weather and safety concerns. We are closing the research rooms in the Washington, DC area at 3:00 PM today.
- Congress has restored funding of appropriated activities and the National Archives has begun to resume normal operations. Research rooms will open to the public on Tuesday, January 29. Check here and archives.gov for details.
- December 24 and December 31 at noon - Research Rooms will close early for the holidays.
- Research Rooms will be closed for the National Day of Mourning for President George H.W. Bush on Wednesday, December 5
- November 21 at noon and November 22 - Research Rooms will close early for the Thanksgiving holiday
- Research Room Safety Exercise Closures at Archives I and Archives II
- Research Rooms will be closed on Wednesday, September 12
- Effective October 1, 2018 - New Research Room Rules for Washington, DC area
- Exercise of National Threat Advisory System at College Park, MD and Washington, DC on August 31
- Move of U.S. Court of Appeals records (Record Group 276) from Atlanta, Boston, Denver, and Philadelphia to Kansas City