What's New for Researchers
- All research rooms will be closed for the Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. on Monday, January 20.
- Research Room Holiday Closures
- Delayed Research Room Openings for Archives I (December 5) & Archives II (December 10)
- Research Rooms will close at noon on Wednesday, November 27, for the Thanksgiving holiday and remain closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 28. Regular hours resume on Friday, November 29.
- All National Archives research rooms will be closed on Monday, November 11, 2019 for Veterans Day.
- 2020 Federal Holidays and Research Room Closings
- All National Archives research rooms will be closed on Monday, October 14, 2019 for the Columbus Day holiday.
- National Archives research rooms will be closed on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 for an In-Service Day (excludes the National Archives at Atlanta, Presidential Libraries, and Federal Records Centers).
- All National Archives research rooms will be closed on Monday, September 2, 2019 for the Labor Day holiday.
- All National Archives research rooms will be closed on Thursday, July 4, 2019 for the Independence Day holiday.
- Move of U.S. Courts of Appeals & U.S. Court of Customs and Patent Appeals Records from Washington, DC, to Kansas City
- Motion Picture Research Room (Room 4000) at Archives II in College Park, MD will be closed June 17 through June 28, 2019.
- All research rooms at Archives II in College Park, Maryland, will be closed on May 7, 2019.
- Staff at the National Archives at Washington, DC are moving approximately 8,800 cubic feet of Court of Appeals records to the National Archives at Kansas City.
- Research rooms are closed on Monday, February 18, for Washington's Birthday. Museums in Washington, DC, and at the Presidential libraries will be open.
- January 30, Washington, DC area: OPM has announced a 3 hour delay (Wednesday, January 30) for all staff in the Washington, DC area due to weather and safety concerns. Research rooms in the Washington, DC area open at noon.
- January 29, Washington, DC area: OPM has announced a 2 hour early departure today (Tuesday, January 29) for all staff in the Washington, DC area due to weather and safety concerns. We are closing the research rooms in the Washington, DC area at 3:00 PM today.
- Congress has restored funding of appropriated activities and the National Archives has begun to resume normal operations. Research rooms will open to the public on Tuesday, January 29. Check here and archives.gov for details.
- December 24 and December 31 at noon - Research Rooms will close early for the holidays.
- Research Rooms will be closed for the National Day of Mourning for President George H.W. Bush on Wednesday, December 5