What's New for Researchers
- Notice to NARA Researchers and FOIA Requesters. More information about the National Archives' response to coronavirus can be found at archives.gov/coronavirus.
- All public research rooms, museums, and event spaces at all National Archives facilities will be closing at close of business Friday, March 13, 2020, until further notice due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- National Archives research rooms are closed on Monday, February 17, for Washington's Birthday. Museums in Washington, DC, and at the Presidential Libraries will be open.
- All research rooms will be closed for the Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. on Monday, January 20.
- Research Room Holiday Closures
- Delayed Research Room Openings for Archives I (December 5) & Archives II (December 10)
- Research Rooms will close at noon on Wednesday, November 27, for the Thanksgiving holiday and remain closed on Thanksgiving Day, November 28. Regular hours resume on Friday, November 29.
- All National Archives research rooms will be closed on Monday, November 11, 2019 for Veterans Day.
- 2020 Federal Holidays and Research Room Closings
- All National Archives research rooms will be closed on Monday, October 14, 2019 for the Columbus Day holiday.
- National Archives research rooms will be closed on Wednesday, September 11, 2019 for an In-Service Day (excludes the National Archives at Atlanta, Presidential Libraries, and Federal Records Centers).
- All National Archives research rooms will be closed on Monday, September 2, 2019 for the Labor Day holiday.
- All National Archives research rooms will be closed on Thursday, July 4, 2019 for the Independence Day holiday.
- Move of U.S. Courts of Appeals & U.S. Court of Customs and Patent Appeals Records from Washington, DC, to Kansas City
- Motion Picture Research Room (Room 4000) at Archives II in College Park, MD will be closed June 17 through June 28, 2019.
- All research rooms at Archives II in College Park, Maryland, will be closed on May 7, 2019.
- Staff at the National Archives at Washington, DC are moving approximately 8,800 cubic feet of Court of Appeals records to the National Archives at Kansas City.
- Research rooms are closed on Monday, February 18, for Washington's Birthday. Museums in Washington, DC, and at the Presidential libraries will be open.