Finding a Needle in a Haystack: Enterprise-wide FOIA Searches at CDC
Register to Attend
The Office of Government Information Services (OGIS) will host the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) office of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for a deep dive into the search process for agency-wide (enterprise) electronic records. Topics will include:
- The boundaries of enterprise search
- Tools to retrieve documents
- Real examples and demonstrations of successful searches
- Tips for scoping requests to ensure better search results
This session will be particularly helpful for those requesters who seek email records and have been informed that the request’s scope is too broad. Other agency FOIA offices that are challenged by enterprise search may also find this discussion helpful.
How to Attend
Members of the public are welcome to:
1. Watch the livestream on the National Archives’ YouTube Channel OR
2. Attend the meeting virtually through Webex.
Registration information for those who wish to attend via Webex
Registration for this event opens on Monday, April 19, 2021 at 9:00 AM (EDT). There is a two-step registration process to virtually attend this meeting.
- You must register by 11:59 PM (EDT) on May 4, 2021.
- The week of the meeting, registrants will receive a message from OGIS that provides information on how to join the meeting online and connect to the audio by calling in using your telephone. To hear the audio in the meeting, you must connect to the audio through your telephone.
If you any questions about this event, contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All events listed in the calendar are free unless noted.