The Office of Government Information Services
The Office of Government Information Services (OGIS) is a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) resource for the public and the government. Congress has charged us with reviewing FOIA policies, procedures and compliance of Federal agencies and identifying ways to improve compliance. Our mission also includes resolving FOIA disputes between Federal agencies and requesters.
OGIS is a place where anyone can ask for FOIA assistance. In other words we also serve as the FOIA ombudsman -- answering questions, tracking suggestions and providing information. See something we should know about? Have a suggestion to improve FOIA? Let us know.
- FOIA Advisory Committee Meeting Materials (Dec 6, 2019)
- Review of U.S. Department of Education FOIA Program (Sep 2019)
- OGIS Issue Assessment: Leveraging Technology to Improve Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Searches (Jul 2019)
- OGIS Annual Report for Fiscal Year 2018(Mar 2019)
- 2016-2018 Term FOIA Advisory Committee - Final Report(Apr 2018