Annual Open Meeting
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552(h)(6), the Office of Government Information Services (OGIS) at the National Archives hosts an annual open meeting to discuss its reviews and reports. Interested persons may present oral and written statements during the meeting.
Public Comments for OGIS Annual Open Meeting
The Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) mandates that OGIS conduct an open meeting no less than annually “on the review and reports by the Office and … allow interested persons to appear and present oral or written statements.” We encourage you to send your ideas, concerns, and observations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oral comments presented during OGIS Annual Open Meetings are available in the meeting transcripts posted to this page and in the videos of the Committee meetings posted to the National Archives and Records Administration's YouTube Channel. Written comments submitted to OGIS are available below on this page. Before submitting public comments, please read our Posting Policy for Public Comments.
May 12, 2021
- Presentation Slides
Submitted Written Comments
- Robert Hammond - May 12, 2021 - OGIS Annual Open Meeting 12, 2021. Chat Comments
- Robert Hammond - May 3, 2021 - Recommended System Change Requests to FOIAonline. Including Simple Solution for "Release to One, Release to All"
- Robert Hammond - May 3, 2021 - OGIS Mediation and DOD’s change to CFR 32 CFR part 286.4
- Robert Hammond - May 3, 2021 - Status of 2018 - 2020 Recommendation #19
- Robert Hammond - May 3, 2021 - Violations of the ADA in FOIA Redactions