Chief FOIA Officers CouncilThe Chief FOIA Officers Council is composed of the Deputy Director for Management of the Office of Management and Budget, the Director of OGIS, the Director of the Office of Information Policy (OIP) at the Department of Justice, and agency Chief FOIA Officers. The Director of OGIS and the Director of OIP serve as co-chairs.
The Council is charged with:
- developing recommendations for increasing FOIA compliance and efficiency;
- disseminating information about agency experiences, ideas, best practices, and innovative approaches related to FOIA;
- identifying, developing, and coordinating initiatives to increase transparency and compliance with FOIA; and
- promoting the development and use of common performance measures for agency compliance with FOIA.
Council meetings are open to the public and notice of all meetings will be provided in the Federal Register at least ten business days in advance. Please see OIP's webpage for further information.
Meeting Dates and Materials
September 15, 2016
- Presentation Slides
- Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press Presentation Slides
- Meeting Minutes