Lessons Learned in Emergencies
Not Your Ordinary Disaster Conference
The 17th Preservation Conference
March 21, 2002
The 2002 conference brought together archivists, librarians, and conservators to describe hands-on experience with disaster prevention, recovery, and mitigation.
Outlines, notes, and slides from the conference presentations:
- Fire Prevention J. Andrew Wilson, Assistant Director for Fire Protection and Safety, Smithsonian Institution
- New Techniques for Fire Detection and Suppression Nick Artim, Director, Fire Safety Network
- NARA-Sponsored Research in Records Fire Suppression and the Role of Security in Disaster Prevention Steve Hannestad, Director, Space and Security Management Division, NARA
- Fire Recovery: A Case Study Susan Page, Senior Paper Conservator, NARA
- Efficacy of Various Recovery Techniques Kathy Ludwig, Senior Paper Conservator, NARA
- Objects Recovery, Mitigation Jerry Podany, Objects Conservator, Getty Museum
- Damage Mitigation and Recovery: Magnetic Media Peter Brothers, CEO, SPECS BROS., LLC.
- Recovery of Film - Roger Markham, Senior Technical Marketing Specialist, Kodak