National Archives at St. Louis -- Opening a New National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) Facility in St. Louis, Missouri
National Archives at St. Louis
Opening a New National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) Facility in St. Louis, Missouri
October 15, 2011
The St. Louis Post Dispatch Commemorative Issue
The National Archives at St. Louis – A New State-of-the-Art Facility for the Military Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis, Missouri.
Serving Federal agencies, military veterans, and their family members, former civilian Federal employees, and the general public. A treasure trove of history waiting to be discovered.
The collections of personnel records at the National Archives include files that document military and civilian service for persons who are well known to the public for many reasons. These individuals include celebrated military leaders, Medal of Honor recipients, U.S. Presidents, members of Congress, other government officials, scientists, artists, entertainers, and sports figures–individuals noted for personal accomplishments as well as persons known for their infamous activities.
See the Special Issue of Prologue Magazine, A New St. Louis Address for the National Archives, Fall 2011. Articles include:
- 1 Archives Drive – Learn about this new, state-of-the-art facility and what treasures it holds.
- Federal Files of the Famous – and Infamous – Discover files of the rich, famous, musical, and athletic held in this new facility.
- Hit the Road, Jack – Read about Jack Kerouac's WWII experience, and learn why the Navy found him "unfit for service."
- National Archives Celebrates New St. Louis Facility with Three Video Presentations 10/12/11
- National Archives Dedicates New National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis October 15 10/11/11
- National Archives Dedicates New National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis October 15 10/7/11
- Behind the Scenes Look at New National Archives National Personnel Records Center Media Tour of New Facility Thursday, October 13, 2011, 10:00 AM 10/6/11
- New National Archives at St. Louis Kicks off Speaker Program October 20, 2011 10/6/11
- New National Archives at St. Louis Holds "Star Quality" Records 10/5/11
- National Archives Celebrates New St. Louis Facility with Documented Rights Exhibit 9/26/11