NARA Bulletin 99-01
October 21, 1998
TO: Heads of Federal Agencies
SUBJECT: Checklist of NARA bulletins
1. What is the purpose of this bulletin?
This bulletin lists National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) bulletins that are in effect.
2. What are NARA Bulletins?
NARA bulletins contain guidance about records and information management subjects to help you comply with laws and regulations in these areas. You can find more information about NARA's records and information management regulations in Chapter XII of Title 36 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
3. Has NARA extended any bulletins due to expire in
Yes. We have extended the expiration date for NARA Bulletin 98-02, Disposition of electronic records. The new expiration date is September 30, 1999. It will be in effect unless we supersede it earlier. Please make pen and ink changes to your copies.
4. How can I get more information about NARA
For more information about specific NARA bulletins, call the Modern Records Programs at 301-837-3570.
5. How do I obtain copies of NARA bulletins?
- Paper copies. We send paper copies of our bulletins to the heads of Federal agencies and to Federal agency records officer. You can obtain additional paper copies at a discount from the Government Printing Office (GPO) by submitting a requisition to the GPO at the beginning of each fiscal year.
- Electronic copies. We post all NARA bulletins on the NARA web site .
6. How do I correct any mistakes in the mailing
To correct the mailing address for the head of your Federal agency, call 301-837-1850.
JOHN W. CARLIN
Archivist of the United States
The following NARA bulletins remain in effect:
|Bulletin Number and Title||Issued||Expires|
|98-02 Disposition of electronic records||03/10/98||09/30/99|
|95-03 Government Information Locator Service||02/16/95||Unlimited|