October 3, 2014
MEMORANDUM TO FEDERAL AGENCY CONTACTS: NARA's Agency Services Bimonthly Records and Information Discussion Group (BRIDG),Wednesday, October 15, 2014.
Please mark your calendars for the next BRIDG meeting scheduled for Wednesday, October 15, 2014.
To view the current 2014-2015 Agency Services-BRIDG meeting schedule, go to: BRIDG Meeting Dates, Times and Location.
The meeting will be held at the National Archives and Records Administration downtown building, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW (Metrorail's Yellow or Green lines to the Archives/Navy Memorial station) in the McGowan Theater. Please enter on the Constitution Avenue side of the building, the "Special Events" entrance (which is actually the exit for the general public).
We will begin with an informal networking hour from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. in the Jefferson Conference Room (mezzanine level). The BRIDG meeting will run from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. in the McGowan Theater (basement level). A Staff Meet and Greet will be held from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. in the Jefferson Room (mezzanine level).
Meeting agenda items include the following:
- Don Rosen, Director, Policy Analysis and Enforcement Program, and Lisa Haralampus, Supervisor, Records Management Policy Team, will talk about reporting requirements under the Directive for FY 2015, and also new policy documents recently released.
- Andrea Riley, Supervisor, GRS Team, will provide an update on recent accomplishments related to the General Records Schedules, and new activities planned for FY 2015.
- Gordon Everett, Director, Customer Relationship Management will provide an update on 2015 Inter-agency Agreements
- Laurence Brewer, Director, National Records Management Program, will present the results of the 2014 Records Management Services Customer Satisfaction Survey.
- Andy Potter, Supervisor, Records Management Training, will talk about the plans for the future direction of the training program.
Please visit this link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gRDuRuqekQ) to view the meeting via the National Archives YouTube Channel. More information will be provided about accessing the BRIDG presentation via YouTube in a forthcoming memo.
To reserve a place for the Agency Services-BRIDG meeting, please provide your name, telephone number, and agency name via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 5 pm Friday, October 10, 2014. You may reserve places for several staff in the same email, but for security purposes we must have each individual's name, telephone number, and email address.
To reserve a place for the Staff Meet and Greet, a reservation is required. Send an email to email@example.com to RSVP. You can include your RSVP for the Staff Meet and Greet in the same email for the Agency Services-BRIDG meeting RSVP.
This meeting will provide an opportunity to meet with Appraisal Archivists and supervisors from Team 2 and Team 4, FRC account representatives, textual and electronic records accessioning, declassification and ERA training staff. All agencies listed as part of Teams 2 and 4 are encouraged to attend this meeting.
Please email Angela Dorsey at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance. NARA encourages agencies to participate a BRIDG by presenting best practices or lessons learned that would be helpful to other attending agencies. If you wish to lead a discussion, please reply to this RM Communications.
NARA reserves the right to postpone or cancel a meeting at any time. See: NARA’s meeting cancellation policy.
PAUL M. WESTER, JR.
Chief Records Officer
for the U.S. Government
Federal Records Centers Program