New Archival Research Facility Web Pages
On April 30, 2018, the National Archives and Records Administration will publish updated archival research facility web pages. We are pleased to announce that this completes the first part of a multi-phase, comprehensive project to correct and modernize our web pages.
Launched in early 2017, this project created a more user-friendly experience for our researchers and the public. Feedback from many of you, along with our own user statistics, indicated information was hard to find, inconsistent, and outdated. We heard you and hope the revised provide a better user experience.
To help with this, you will find a standardized web page layout for each of our 14 archival research facilities in the nation. The updated main and secondary researcher pages now have the same information and placement within the layout.
New Web Page Features
- Facility photograph and a list of its key records -- on the left side
- Address (physical and email), research room phone numbers, hours of operation, and an interactive map -- in the center
- Additional information --on the right side bar-- guides you to:
- Connect with Us (via social media links)
- What’s New?
- Document of the Month
- Upcoming Events
- Topic areas are highlighted in boxes and contain:
- Genealogy and Historical Research
- Frequently Requested
- Plan Your Visit
- Contact Us
- Online Research Tools and Databases
- Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
- Educator Resources
We thank you for your patience and welcome your feedback by email at KYR@nara.gov.