Finding Aids for the National Archives at San Francisco
The National Archives at San Francisco has a variety of guides, reference information papers, lists, and other finding aids. The small percentage of them that are available online are listed below.
- Guide to Archival Holdings at the National Archives at San Francisco.
Record group level descriptions of archival holdings including agency administrative history; dates and volume; narrative description of source, content, and types of records; list of finding aids and related microfilm; restriction statements. Entries provide details not available in the Guide to Federal Records in the National Archives of the United States, 1995.
- Our National Archives Catalog contains selected information pertaining to records at the San Francisco facility.
- Lists of Former Inmates of U.S. Penitentiary, Alcatraz, 1934-63 from Records of the Bureau of Prisons (RG 129)
- Case Files for Early Immigrants to San Francisco and Hawaii, Early Arrivals Records Search (EARS), a collaboration between U.C. Berkeley and the National Archives
Records in the
National Archives at San Francisco for the Study of Ethnic History
Records in the
National Archives at San Francisco for the Study of Labor and Business History,
- Records in
the National Archives at San Francisco for the Study of Science, Technology, Natural
Resources, and the Environment
- Chinese Immigration and Chinese in the United States: Records
the Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration, RIP 99,
Selected information pertains to records at the San Francisco facility.
- New Accessions