The National Archives on Foursquare
Want your history on-the-go? The National Archives wants to help you discover the past while you're on your daily path. Just follow the National Archives and the Presidential Libraries on Foursquare to start unlocking historical tips on locations across the nation. We've combed the Archives to bring you two great resources that tell the stories of our nation and the leaders who helped shape it.
The National Archives on Foursquare. Search for "USNatArchives"
- Search for "usnatarchives" on Foursquare to learn about locations associated with our nation’s treasures.
- The National Archives tips are about historical happenings that have occurred in your city and across the country.
- Initially, the National Archives tips pertain to the Washington D.C., Kansas City, and Philadelphia locations. However, in the upcoming months The National Archives brand page will include tips relating to all regional locations.
- We invite you to go out and start discovering your nation’s history on foursquare!
Presidential Libraries on Foursquare. Search for "OurPresidents"
- Search for "ourpresidents" on Foursquare to "Walk with the Presidents" and learn about locations where Presidential history has occurred.
- Presidential Library tips provide information about major speeches, dedications, and events, as well as fun facts such as previous Secret Service code names or favorite restaurants of our Presidents.
- To celebrate the Ronald Reagan Centennial, our initial launch of the Presidential Libraries Foursquare page will feature Tips about the life and times of President Reagan. These Tips are largely based in California, Washington D.C., and Illinois.
- Throughout the year of the Reagan Centennial, we will continue to roll out tips at national and international locations.
Foursquare is a location-based social network that helps people discover interesting things around them.
- On Foursquare, people share information about locations. In Foursquare lingo these are called Tips.
- Foursquare connects users to tips about the locations that they are physically near. Once you follow the National Archives and the Presidential Libraries, you'll unlock history tips from us when you are logged into Foursquare.
No smart phone? No problem. You can also tap into our history tips by checking out our nationwide lists on our Foursquare pages:
How do you follow the National Archives on Foursquare?
There are two ways to follow the National Archives and the Presidential Libraries on Foursquare.
From a smart phone or tablet:
- Log in to your account in the Foursquare application
- Go to your profile page (the icon is on the far left bottom corner)
- Select "Add Friends"
- Select "Find by Name"
For the National Archives enter "usnatarchives" in the search box
For the Presidential Libraries enter "ourpresidents" in the search box
From the Web:
- For the National Archives go to http://foursquare.com/USNatArchives
- Select "Follow"
- For the Presidential Libraries go to http://foursquare.com/OurPresidents
- Select "Follow"