Space Exploration - NASA Records at the National Archives
Star Chart from Apollo 11. View in the National Archives Catalog.
50th Anniversary of Apollo XI Moon Landing
On July 20, 1969, astronaut Neil Armstrong made one small step that forever changed history. In commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Apollo XI moon landing, view National Archives records that detail the carefully choreographed sequence of steps—from lift-off to splash-down—that resulted in the mission’s “giant leap for mankind."
- View Apollo XI records in the National Archives Catalog
- Visit the Featured Document Display commemorating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo XI moon landing in the East Rotunda Gallery at the National Archives Museum, July 3 - August 7, 2019
NASA Films at the National Archives
National Archives Identifier 45021
Close up of the Moon: A Look at Lunar Orbiter
See also "Stepping Stones to the Moon" blog post from the Unwritten Record
National Archives Identifier 1257288
Clip from Moonwalk One, ca. 1970: Space Suit
National Archives Identifier 1257628
Space for Women
National Archives Identifier 1262812
View more films related to Space Exploration on the National Archives YouTube channel.
Citizen Archivist Missions
Help make these records related to Space Exploration more accessible by tagging and transcribing them in the National Archives Catalog. Learn more on the Citizen Archivist Dashboard
New to our Citizen Archivist program? Learn how to register and get started.
Already have an account? Login here.
Space GIFs from our GIPHY Channel
These animated GIFs have been created from NASA records in our holdings. Explore and share more space GIFs on the National Archives GIPHY Channel!
- Crew of Apollo 8 - A View from Lunar Orbit, 1968, Eyewitness exhibit
- Apollo 11 Flight Plan
- Records of the John H. Glenn Research Center, (formerly the Lewis Research Center), Cleveland, Ohio
- Space Exploration, resources at NARA and beyond, compiled by the Archives Library Information Center (ALIC)