How do I Submit Comments?
We invite interested persons to submit comments on any proposed rule by one of the following methods:
a. Access the Federal eRulemaking Portal at: www.regulations.gov
If you have the regulation’s docket or RIN number:
- Enter it into the "Keyword or ID" box;
- Select "proposed rule" in the document type box;
- Click on the button "submit a comment";
- Fill out the information requested in the submission form;
- Attach your comment as an uploaded file or type or paste it into the comment box;
- Click the "submit" button one time; and
- Copy down your comment receipt number in case you need to track the comment.
If you do not have the regulation’s docket or RIN number:
- You can search for the regulation by type of document, using keywords such as the agency name or the topic area, and by status (such as regulations closing soon or newly posted ones).
- Once you find the regulation, follow the last four steps above to submit your comment.
b. Fax your comments to: (301) 837-0319
Include the regulation’s docket or RIN number and address your fax to:
Regulations Comments Desk
c. Hand-deliver, mail, or send your comments by courier to:
Regulations Comments Desk (SP)
Suite 4100, Strategy Division
Office of Strategy and Communication
National Archives and Records Administration
8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20740-6001
(Include the regulation’s docket or RIN number on your comment.)
Would you like to learn more about:
- How to submit comments on proposed Federal rules and regulations?
- What NARA's process is for developing, reviewing, and approving regulations?
- Answers to frequently asked questions about regulations?
- Some other resources for information on laws and regulations?
- How to submit a suggestion or idea to NARA on any subject, including regulations?