Applied Research Technology Products: Software Downloads
This is a prototype web-based application* to actually perform file format conversions for a limited number of files in a limited number of formats. It is really simple to use. Applied Research student interns at our lab in Rocket Center, WV are helping to add new conversion capabilities to Polyglot.
These are some capabilities of Polyglot:
- Web-based application to perform file-format conversions
- Thousands of conversions supported
- Software can also be run locally
- Includes viewers for files in many formats
First you need to check to see if Polyglot currently supports the conversion you want to execute.
- This is done by right-clicking the extensions you want to convert to and from and specifying which format is the source and which is the target.
- Polyglot will indicate what software it can use to execute the conversion. Assuming the conversion you desire is currently supported, you click the "Convert" button in the upper left part of the screen.
- On the new screen that appears you drag a few files in a given format into a window on the website.
- You select the format you would like to convert them to from the drop down list and click the "Convert" button. A new window appears at the bottom of the screen.
- If you click the "Details" button it will report on the progress of the conversion.
- If you click on the "Downloads" button you will see a list of the converted files.
- You can right-click on each file and select "Save link as" to download them or you can right-click on the "all.zip" file and select "Save link as" to download a zip file containing all of the converted files
Use this URL to access the software:
* Please Note: If you are interested in running your own local version of the software, you can download it here: