Tours of the National Archives in College Park, Maryland
For Washington, DC tours, see the National Archives Experience
To schedule a tour of our College Park facility:
Please contact the Education and Public Programs Office
- Telephone: 301-837-3002 (8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday except Federal holidays)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reservations are required and should be made 6 weeks in advance
- Arrangements must be made by either a member of the visiting group or a congressional office
Behind-the-scenes guided tours are available Monday through Thursday between 10:30 AM and 1:30 PM. Group size is limited to 20. The tour takes 60 minutes.
Visitors experience the world's largest and most advanced modern archives. Visitors get a view of:
- a multi-tiered research complex
- expansive office areas
- state-of-the-art conservation laboratories
- the space-saving technology of the mobile shelving system
Groups visiting the National Archives at College Park should enter the Main Lobby at 8601 Adelphi Road upon arrival. Buses may discharge and pick up groups at the Main Lobby entrance. Limited parking is available.