Professional Development Webinars
Visit the National Archives without leaving your school or home! Our interactive webinars for educators feature historical documents, images, maps, posters, and other primary sources — as well as resources and strategies for bringing primary sources into your classroom. All webinars are free of charge.
Advance registration required. Questions? Please contact us at email@example.com.
Live captioning is available by request. Please include a request for live captioning services in your registration for the event and submit your registration at least two weeks in advance of the webinar.
Native American Professional Development Series
Coming in 2018
This series will feature new National Archives resources for locating and using Federal records related to Native Americans and Alaska Natives. Look for additional webinars throughout the year.
Webinars in the Series:
- Introduction to New Resources and Educational Programs Focused on American Indian Primary Sources
- Bringing Native Voices into the Non-Native Classroom
- What Does it Mean to Remove a People? American Indian Forced Removal
- Native American Perspectives on the Lewis and Clark Expedition
- Indian Schools in the United States
Email us to pre-register for upcoming webinars. Use "Native PD Series" in the subject line and indicate which program(s) you're interested in. We'll notify you of dates and times as soon as they are available.
View previously recorded webinars and National History Day Workshops featuring primary sources and teaching strategies.
- WWI Resources for the Classroom: The Remembering WWI App and DocsTeach.org
- Remembering Vietnam: the Road to War-Webinar for Educators
- Remembering Vietnam: The Road Through War-Webinar for Educators
Learn about resources for projects and primary source research from the National Archives and our partner organizations, the theme and categories, using primary and secondary sources effectively, and teaching tools for NHD.