EEO-Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
EEO is all about ensuring that employment opportunities are fair, equal, and consistent for all employees!
Mission: To provide leadership, direction, and guidance to carry out NARA’s equal employment opportunity responsibilities according to Federal laws, statutes, regulations, and policies to establish and maintain a Model EEO Program.
Vision: To foster a work environment that is free from discrimination and promotes equal, fair, and inclusive employment opportunities for the best talent available regardless of their differences.
The Office of Equal Employment Opportunity is a neutral program designed to enforce discrimination laws and promote equal opportunities for all segments of society with diverse talents, perspectives, and experiences. Accordingly, NEEO takes on a range of functions within its three main program offices:
- The Affirmative Employment Program was established by statute to help address the long-term effects of historic discrimination impacting women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.
- As such, the AEP works to improve the employment and advancement opportunities for women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.
- The AEP also manages the Special Emphasis Program, which is designed to assist management in identifying and eliminating barriers that restrict equal employment opportunity for all employees, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.
- The Disability Employment Program is another component of the AEP designed to assist and support the agency with disability employment matters pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, Executive Order 18548, 29 CFR 1614.102, and 29 CFR 1630.
- The CMP is designed to provide an effective and efficient process for addressing EEO discrimination complaints and allegations of harassment.
- It is a neutral program that allows employees and applicants for employment who feel that he or she has been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or reprisal to file an EEO complaint of discrimination.
- NARA’s Anti-Harassment Program (AHP) is a component of the CMP designed to address any type of harassment that interferes with, or alters, the condition of an employee’s employment and creates a hostile work environment, regardless of the reason.
- The AHP provides a forum for addressing harassment allegations though an Ad Hoc Committee on Harassment.
- The Diversity & Inclusion Program strives to foster a work environment that recognizes individuals for their unique perspectives and experiences, establishing a culture where all employees are included and able to contribute their full potential
- This program provides a wide variety of innovative tools, techniques, and experiences designed to assist employees at all levels. These include, but are not limited to:
- Targeted outreach efforts and recruitment with colleges and organizations, including NARA’s internships programs and job fairs;
- In-reach and retention programs, such as guiding and managing NARA’s Employee Affinity Group Program (EAG);
- D&I Education, Guidance, and Consultations regarding strategies for creating a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Programs (NEEO)
Director: Ismael Martinez
Location: Archives II, Suite 3310
Phone: (301) 837-0939
Fax: (301) 837-0869