EEO-Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
EEO is all about ensuring that employment opportunities are fair, equal, and consistent for all employees!
Mission: To provide leadership, direction, and guidance to carry out NARA’s equal employment opportunity responsibilities according to Federal laws, statutes, regulations, and policies to establish and maintain a Model EEO Program.
Vision: To foster a work environment that is free from discrimination and promotes equal, fair, and inclusive employment opportunities for the best talent available regardless of their differences.
The Office of Equal Employment Opportunity is a neutral program designed to enforce discrimination laws and promote equal opportunities for all segments of society with diverse talents, perspectives, and experiences. Accordingly, NEEO takes on a range of functions within its three main program offices:
- The Affirmative Employment Program was established by statute to help address the long-term effects of historic discrimination impacting women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.
- As such, the AEP works to improve the employment and advancement opportunities for women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities.
- The AEP also manages the Special Emphasis Program, which is designed to assist management in identifying and eliminating barriers that restrict equal employment opportunity for all employees, including minorities, women, and individuals with disabilities.
- The Disability Employment Program is another component of the AEP designed to assist and support the agency with disability employment matters pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, Executive Order 18548, 29 CFR 1614.102, and 29 CFR 1630.
- The Complaints Program is designed to provide an effective and efficient process for addressing EEO discrimination complaints and allegations of harassment.
- It is a neutral program that allows employees and applicants for employment who feel that he or she has been discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or reprisal to file an EEO complaint of discrimination.
- NARA’s Anti-Harassment Program is a component of the designed to address any type of harassment that interferes with, or alters, the condition of an employee’s employment and creates a hostile work environment, regardless of the reason.
- The Anti-Harassment Program provides a forum for addressing harassment allegations though an Ad Hoc Committee on Harassment.
- The Disability Program is designed to assist and support the agency with disability employment matters pursuant to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, Executive Order 13548, 29 CFR 1614.102, and 29 CFR 1630
- Reasonable Accommodation are changes or modifications in the workforce, the way things are customarily done in the work environment, or in the application process that enables a person with a disability equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment
- 508 Compliance - Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act (Section 508) requires all electronic and information technology (also referred to as information and communication technology or ICT) that is developed, procured, maintained, or used by a federal agency to be accessible to people with disabilities
- Access for Deaf and Hard of Hearing: Sign Language Interpreting and CART Services
Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Programs (NEEO)
Location: Archives II, Suite 3310
Phone: (301) 837-0939
Fax: (301) 837-0869